Left to Right Movement continues this Wed 05.19.2010 with office hours open to the public. We’re at Bru Cafe again starting 12NN, reviewing last week’s group dump. Goal is to submit a body of recommendations that owners Curtis and Bill can implement to move Bru’s takeout audiences left to right:
Starting left with Awareness
- Target office buildings within 7-minute walking distance of Bru Cafe in Orange Street. Estimate addressable audience between 500-1000 professionals (courthouse, post office, library, banks, law firms, retail, etc.).
- Our field survey shows many members of this audience buy lunch once a week, are open to and enthusiastic about takeout, especially around payday.
- Start with offline materials - signage, facade, menus, deliver.
- Meet customers and prospects where they are - fax specials via office, SMS phones, building/floor/office gatekeepers.
- Rotate focus per building, make each building-audience feel special.
Moving them onto Interest
- It’s not just food; brand the experience.
- “An oasis: fast, fresh, fantastic - something to look forward to in busy week.”
- Special focus on Twitter - put it on all materials (signage, wall, takeout), give special discounts via Twitter.
- Blog presence where people can learn more about fresh news, not just website
- See advocacy - tell stories, cast of characters, (owners, staff, delivery people) recipes, customers old and new, neighbors, etc.
Getting them to Try & Repeat
- Have a clear ask that prospect can say yes/no to.
- E.g., Payday package - people look forward to payday, so ride this anticipation with a takeout package that really pampers - gives them a wow experience (oasis)
- Maybe send out advance materials, have them fill out payday package night before
- On first elivery, include coupons with a time limit in it. E.g., 20% off your next visit in the next 14 days.
- Consider cooperative promos that link Bru services with related vendors. What else do busy workers do? Dry clean, flowers, etc.
All the way right: Advocacy!
- Can’t fake, stage, or script word of mouth (wom) - but you can stimulate, amplify and focus it.
- To encourage wom, ask questions that trigger conversations and organic story-telling.
- To amplify wom - capture the conversations and stories in media/formats that make the come alive, and are easy to share
- To focus wom - ask questions and stimulate conversations around qualities you care about. Oasis, fast, fresh, fantastic.
- E.g., how does Bru takeout make you feel? How does a bruasis feel after lunch?
- Track visits (you have customer coordinates via delivery) and recognize when customer is ripe for advocacy. E.g., the third time they order.
- time, money, resource constraints - so focus
- find L2R path by focusing on one focal point at each stage
- cost follow revenue - hire interns and other staff on experiments with clearly defined parameters and timeliness (e.g., hire an intern to test 4 buildings for month of June).
As you can see, Left to Right is a movement in many ways. Join us.